Re: Re: TubaChristmas "elitists"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on December 08, 2002 at 13:44:52:

In Reply to: Re: TubaChristmas "elitists" posted by Joe Baker on December 08, 2002 at 13:22:28:

Well, there were posts below that advocated banning certain instruments from the event, when, in many cases, some people have very limited access to certain types of instruments. I'd hate to see them not be able to attend because they dont have the funds to buy a horn, and have to use their school's marching horn, however terrible they may be.

You may note that none of my posts were directed at you personally, just towards a trend on this board to criticize TubaChristmas, for whatever reason. Now, I am not saying TubaChristmas is perfect, just hoping that everyone can see it for what it is, and not try to exclude anyone from attending.

As far as the blatters out there, I assume that would be at the director's discretion--did he/she ever say anything to these players? Did they respond? I dont know what could be done, short of kicking them out, which isnt really feasable.

The situation is avoidable. If you cant stand the big ones, dont go--find a smaller, more managable one. I will be attending 2, I think. One here in DC, the other in Pittsburgh. We'll see what they are like (compared to each other).

but, I promise to ahve fun at both :)

Follow Ups: