Re: euphonium mpcs. - Bowman BB1, BB2, BB3

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon Jones on December 08, 2002 at 14:42:23:

In Reply to: euphonium mpcs. - Bowman BB1, BB2, BB3 posted by js on December 07, 2002 at 16:25:21:

I'm going to try to help you out with the BB1/51D, since I've spent a lot of time playing on these mouthpieces on my Willson 2900. I started on the Schilke 51D when I got my Willson 2900, and thought there could be nothing better. It felt big, but not too big, and it was just right for the sound I wanted to produce. Then, I tried the BB1. The whole thing felt a bit more controlled and centered. As far as dimensions, I don't know exact what they are, but here's how they compare in my book. I think that overall the BB1 is a bit larger, but feels smaller. It's the way to go, especially if you're going to play on a Willson and you want a clear, focused, centered sound. Recently, I've made the switch to the SM3 mouthpiece on the Willson, and love it (well, recently being about 2 years ago). If you can adjust your chops to the pure size of it, it's the best overall mouthpiece you'll ever find. That's my experiences with it. Completely open in all ranges and responds better with power and grace than any other MP I've ever played. To each his own though. If you need more help with the 51D/BB1 comparrison, feel free to email me. I hope this helped you out a bit.

Follow Ups: