Re: HELP!!NEED INFO ON WISDOM TEETH

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frederick J. Young on December 10, 2002 at 17:44:37:

In Reply to: HELP!!NEED INFO ON WISDOM TEETH posted by Bill Pritchard on December 09, 2002 at 12:09:04:

I waited til I was 35 years old. I had four impacted wisdom teeth of which one was hocked around my lower jaw. It took 4 hours of pounding and chiseling to remove them. I stayed over night at the hospital. When I went home I couldnn't open my mouth more than about 3/8 inch. I had a numb spot on my chin below the lip. All I could eat was soup and they gave me such strong narcotics that I felt like a great spirit float everywhere I went. After one week I couldn't stand being a great spirit and quit taking my medicine. Then I had terrible pain. When I started to play tuba (after about one week) I discovered that my intonation was completely upset due to four new cavities in the wisdom teeth sockets. Gradually, they healed over in about 6 months except the lower right one. One day in a rehearsal during a windy passage I heard a clunk in my mouthpiece. I stopped to find a 1 inch long piece of broken chisel which had come out of the remaining socket The socket healed fast and I was back to normal in about 1 year.

If you don't have them out you might lose some molars!

Follow Ups: