Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Amati Eb or F horn (Helicon?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross on December 15, 2002 at 00:05:03:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Amati Eb or F horn (Helicon? posted by Beware of ibirin! on December 11, 2002 at 00:30:24:

Other people must have had worse experiences with Ivo than I have. The two helicons I bought from him on eB*y weren't packed as good as I thought they should have been, but arrived in good shape. They play great! The Eb Amati Kralice is a beautiful brand new horn, although I thought I was getting a BBb horn according to his ad. (He just doesn't seem to know what he is selling most of the time.) The BBb Wunderlich had all of the dents taken out, but had been cleaned with Brasso, so required the services of my instrument repair guy to clean out the inside of the horn and get the valves working properly. They were not represented nearly as badly as was a large BBb Conn upright that I bought on eB*y from a guy on the West Coast. I had to have it completely overhauled and it still doesn't play worth a darn! There ought to be some sort of recouse against the junk people try to sell at this auction site!

Follow Ups: