Re: Proud Dad Sends Thanks

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by yeah on December 16, 2002 at 08:44:12:

In Reply to: Proud Dad Sends Thanks posted by TubaDad on December 16, 2002 at 07:52:02:

My eighth-grade son placed in the top few yesterday in regional tryouts of kids through the ninth grade. The eighth graders were quite around here this year, as only one of the top four kids was a ninth grader.

It's good when our kids realize the value of makin' noise on a horn, and then work to fit the pursuit of it around their studies the best they can. Also, they can end up having more fun with it earlier in their lives. Since they can do more things with their instruments than most other kids their age, they have more opportunities.

I'm sure that you and I do the same sorts of things. We send our kids to the best players/instructors in the area (My kid's instructor teaches him for free simply because he gets such a kick out of the work my kid does for him each week.), encourage them by furnishing the best instruments/mouthpieces/literature/recordings, and we play challenging duets with our kids whenever they are in the mood - and sometimes we talk them into the mood.

Follow Ups: