Re: Re: Scanning Music Redux

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Tyler on December 19, 2002 at 23:04:00:

In Reply to: Re: Scanning Music Redux posted by Chuck(G) on December 19, 2002 at 17:46:53:

The question was about scanning, the answer will be about scanning. I too use SharpEye! Have for the better part of a year. Sharp Eye produces a file, either in a universal notation, or in its own notation. I have used MusicEase Professional since the days of DOS. MusicEase will input the Sharp Eye notation files directly. I have scanned march pages that must have been from near the turn of the last century, had probably been copied several times, and were not the easiest to read. If the music does not have too much background and you have learned how to tell your scanner to ignore a certain level of background, and if you scan at high bits per inch (400+) you might be supprised how well the scan program does. I have scanned an entire march piece of the above type with no more the two errors. I have also scanned two score piano music and conductors scores with the same results. I have NOT tried manuscript! If the piece is only a couple of lines of music for a single instrument, hand entry will be as easy. If you need to scan several pages of quality music the difference is astonishing. I cannot speak for the other music editors simply because I have never used them. The music editors do the actual transposition, not the scan program. Best of luck, Jim

Follow Ups: