Untimely upload of free music files

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on December 23, 2002 at 02:23:56:

For diverse reasons the intended Christmas music arrangements were not uploaded as planned.

Instead a short duet for tubas with optional piccolo flute or optional clarinet.

The tune is a Danish kid’s song for the Fastelavn, which is the celebration of Sunday and Monday before the upcoming Lent.

In the old days kids in masquerade dresses ran in groups from door to door and sang:

Fastelavn er mit navn,
boller vil jeg have.
Hvis jeg ingen boller får,
så laver jeg ballade.

("Fastelavn" is my name,
I want some doughnuts.
If no doughnuts I do get,
then I will give you problems.)

More verses in the same style.

Today the kids expect cash!

The arrangement was played for a kids carneval back in 1994 by a trio formed by a former band member of mine on clarinet, a tuba friend on a B&S 5 valve F on second tuba, and myself playing first tuba on my Conn 26K Eb sousaphone.

There was a whole series of songs, but this one is the only one, that I am sure about being free of copyright claims, as it is an old folk song. I will check the others.

The optional woodwind part was modified in 1999, when a spouse of a contributor to this board complained the double octave leaps. They have now been cissyed down to one octave. I someone would consider playing the piccolo part on flute, then OK with me.

You will have to sign up to a free and non-posting Yahoo group.

Klaus

Follow Ups: