Re: Re: Re: Ho Ho Holton II (or III?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DS on December 23, 2002 at 16:17:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Ho Ho Holton II (or III?) posted by Tony E on December 23, 2002 at 15:37:46:

Tony,

Your sentiments are right on the money! And yes, I agree no one should take a horn like this 345, send it to an "Oberloh" type shop and then expect a guarantee of a certain level of performance from the horn. There are just too many variables even with the same guy doing the work! Caution is of the essence. For me this is not a big problem/issue financially, however, as I told Dale, I also don't want to have silly money tied up in a BBb. Resale is not the priority for me. My nagging doubts center around the horns playing characteristics/intonation, and how it will fit in to the groups I play in. And that will be discovered and reported early in the new year when it arrives. I have the good fortune to play in a 50 piece top-level wind symphony and I am looking forward to our first rehearsal January 9th. Also play in a 25 piece brass ensemble (not British brass band) and a quintet.

We do have a very good repairman locally; the only reason I debated about sending it to Oberloh right away was because he just did yours, and so many of the horns nuances would be more familiar to Dan. However, all the good advice here seems to indicate a time of playing would be in order first before making further decisions.

Thanks guys!

Dietmar

Follow Ups: