Re: Re: Re: Re: Conn 2XJ playing characteristics

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on December 24, 2002 at 14:40:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Conn 2XJ playing characteristics posted by SHS Tubamaster on December 24, 2002 at 10:30:46:

Just for fun, if you can get hold of a Bach 24W (not 24AW) try that mpc with the big Conn in a small group setting. The deeper Hellebergs and 24AW's are definately capable of more volume, and are a bit harder to control than the more shallow 24W.. The 24W is what I used years ago when I played a 21J in brass quintet. It seemed to work very well.

I have been using a Bach 18 lately (for concert band) but I have a Schilke 67 and a Bach 22, both of which I plan to play around with during concert band rehersals now that the Christmas concert season is over. I also have a Bach 7. I'm almost afraid I might fall in that one if I try it, but probably will , just for fun.

I am the only tuba in a 30/45 piece (depends on everyone's schedules that week)community concert band. The Conn is capable of holding its own in a group that size, but I have also used it in a 5/6 piece Christmas Carol band which is also part of the community band. It is probably a bit large, but it sounds so much better than my small German horn - much sweeter sound.

FWIW

Follow Ups: