Tubas for Sale/Trade

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on December 27, 2002 at 21:20:31:

Hello. Sorry to clutter the list. The following tubas are for sale. I am willing to trade ALL of them for a good used, read almost new, Mirafone CC 186-5U or a good used 188. I need one horn for my work and the Mirafone is my best choice. Here goes:

1. Yamaha 641 BBb. Yeah, I know how much the high schoolers on the board hate these horns, but this is the best example of one I have ever played. Great pitch, good valves. I have added monster weights to valves, they did nothing but good things. Comes with the original hard case and a Black Cordura Reunion Blues Bag. One dent on branch opposite the valves, a couple of small dings and some scratches, but otherwise in A+ condition. $3500.00

2. Karl Zeiss Mastermodelle F Tuba. 5 valves(flat whole step). Lee Stofer added the 5th valve, I need to say nothing about his work, his name stands alone. The original 4 valves are clockwork springs which have been replaced. Has a suprisingly good low register for a small F. .670 bore with a 15" bell. No laquer, and one small dent. It ain't pretty, but it plays. The usual intonation quirks, but nothing that can't be handled. Great solo, quintet, Berlioz and Mahler 1 horn. Comes with a Burgandy Leather Reunion Blues gig bag in good condition. $1800.00

3. H.N. White Sousaphone. 26" Gold wash bell. Brush silver plate that is in remarkably good condition. The valves still have a good amount of compression. There are a few dents, only one large one that I will consider taking out for an extra $150. This is a BIG and heavy sousaphone. All slides work as well as the top pull 1st valve slide. No case, but will include the new gooseneck. $900.00

As stated, I am willing to trade ALL of these horns for a like new Mirafone CC 186-5U or a good used 188. Pictures available on request of all horns. Thanks for shopping.

Chuck

Follow Ups: