Re: Re: Positive Reinforcement?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on December 30, 2002 at 17:18:17:

In Reply to: Re: Positive Reinforcement? posted by Larry Zaidan on December 30, 2002 at 16:21:07:

I'm with you, Larry. When people ask for opinions from other board participants, who do they contact? There are many, including you, Rick Denney, and others. Isn't it interesting how the people on this board whose opinions are highly regarded are the ones who communicate clearly and effectively? That substantiates your statement about how the way one communicates directly influences the impression one leaves on others. That is common sense, is it not? All this business about poor grammar being "internet slang" is nothing more than pure, unadulterated laziness. Everyone makes mistakes, but one has to know that you are judged by what is seen, rightly or wrongly. For example, you can not expect people to think highly of you or take you seriously if you dress like a gang member, even though you might not participate in gang activities. If it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it must be a ...? That's the way it is. Villifying someone because of their lack of grammatical knowledge and skills is not necessary. Doing the same because that person is excited about opportunities in music qualifies as abhorrent behavior. Maybe some have never had that exitement and are green with envy. They lack social skills, as well as conscience, and as a result, they lash out. For those whom that applies, it must SUCK to be YOU. Sean will probably pull the entire thread, as maybe he should. I'll say this - Don't be discouraged Kyle. Keep posting, as we all learn from each other. Iron sharpens iron. Just be aware of how people perceive you. I'm sure you were already aware of all this. I read your posts along with all the others, and I enjoy your positive enthusiasm. Keep it coming.
Doc

Follow Ups: