Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i am happy!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 30, 2002 at 18:30:56:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: i am happy!!! posted by Kyle Cabral on December 30, 2002 at 17:38:42:

Thank you for the response. It wasn't a case of illegibility. It wasn't even a case of having errors pointed out by the Grammar Police, an organization to which I do not belong. (Incidentally, I only recall seeing your fast-typing errors enumerated once--the Grammar Police really were not in evidence here except by accusation. There was an implied joke and then a reaction to it. I was responding more to the reaction than to anything else.) And the care you put into this response is a better example that you get what is being said than anything.

Your advice is good and well-stated. No reader is obligated to wade through an unreadable post just so they can complain about it. There have been many posts I have not responded to, and many threads I've avoided, because the ideas being presented weren't worth the trouble to sort out. That hasn't been the case with your posts, however, and I don't want to miss out on something you have to say just because it's too hard to read it. You have earned more respect than that. Don't worry, you won't persuade me to ignore your posts in the future. If I was tending to that conclusion, I wouldn't have posted in this thread at all.

I hope you noticed my entry into the thread further up that was on your topic, giving specific examples of my own that are similar to yours.

There have been many threads to which I've responded inappropriately, and I sometimes look at my contributions to the archive and wince. But I figure I have little in this world that I need to hide, and I'd rather be told to shut up from time to time than to miss out on the flow of good ideas.

Rick "no offense intended" Denney

Follow Ups: