HELP MEH!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Engle on December 30, 2002 at 19:57:31:

Hi, my name is Tim and I am a senior at my high school, I play tuba in my classical band classes, and Bass Trombone for the jazz band. I am applying to college soon (University of the Pacific, Chicago College of PA, and Berklee) hopefully to major in production. My tuba playing is probably key to getting me there, but I feel stuck! I play a BBb Yamaha....with 4 rotarys and I play a crappy yamaha one valve bass which I have tuned the F valve down to Eb so I can actually hit some notes in tune. On the Tuba I play a 67C4 mouthpiece (it just feels TOO big, with too big of a rim..) and on the bass T, I play a 1/2 G...which is faring me ok. I want a bigger mouthpiece though, more pedal tones!. I want my tuba to be more sononorous. soloistic even. Should I get a smaller mouthpiece, and should I get a bigger mouthpiece for my bass (I solo on it A LOT in jazz...I aslo want something more sononorous). I also play a little Euphonium/Baritone (it comes natuarlly) and I was wondering if there was anyway to match my mouthpiece to thoes instruments...any help would be appreciated...or just advice for my future in general.
Thanks a bunch!

Follow Ups: