Re: Re: Positive Reinforcement?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on December 31, 2002 at 01:02:41:

In Reply to: Re: Positive Reinforcement? posted by Tim Seaman on December 30, 2002 at 18:36:22:

I can certainly agree with your sentiment concerning someone expressing their enthusiasm about playing and getting slammed. I can absolutely agree with you on that. I think sometimes posters go a little overboard in attempting to make points. To me, having enthusiasm for an activity is of GREAT importance. I would hope that we would not discourage or disparage anyone who has that.

Those of you that are members of our younger generation of tuba and euph players, I hope you won't let any of us "older" guys diminish your enthusiasm. Rather, I hope you will try to learn all you can from those who may have more knowledge or experience than you. All of us, young and old, should attempt to communicate our thoughts and ideas as clearly and distinctly as possible. On this board, language is pretty much the only means by which we have to communicate. I only wish that my skills in that area were better than they are. Just as with playing tuba, I only hope the skills will improve with study and practice.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: