Re: Re: Re: Tis the Season to Audition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on December 31, 2002 at 11:33:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tis the Season to Audition posted by Rick Denney on December 31, 2002 at 10:29:31:

That's a really good point. You went to school fully intending to pursue the degree that would lead you to exactly the career you dreamed of. Just to be clear about exactly what I'm advocating, I'm saying that anyone should proceed as they wish based on knowing exactly what they want to do with their life. When you've identified your dream, give yourself the very best opportunity to achieve it. Don't play it safe and give yourself less of a chance to achieve what it is you really want. Go 100% after what you really want.

That said, there is nothing wrong with changing your mind. Everything changes and folks would be foolish to ignore that. Staying in touch with who you are and what your dreams are is crucial. Otherwise, maybe your life has no direction. What I'm advocating is taking the very best shot at achieving the career that you desire, such that in 50 years when you're enjoying your golden era, you won't look back and wonder "what if". I feel that this might be one of the biggest tragedies in life.

Call me naive or foolish but I still believe that everybody can find exactly what they should be doing for personal satisfaction. Once you identify that, go after it tooth and nail!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: