Re: Re: WTB Besson 983

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by truth on December 02, 2003 at 19:57:03:

In Reply to: Re: WTB Besson 983 posted by Randy Beschorner on December 02, 2003 at 18:11:17:

I meant no offense to the good people at the music shop - I've purchased instruments through them before, and had a great experience. That's why I was trying to purchase through them this time.

The site says "2-3 weeks - notify me." I filled out the website's form to be notified when the horns came in, waited about a week and a half (admittedly not 2-3 weeks), and had not heard anything about the availability of the instrument. I then sent a specific email inquiring about the availability of the instruments, and was told that Besson is a slow manufacturer, and the only way to get one through them would be to order one and wait 2-8 months.

I still believe that it is a good and honest company, but I'm pretty sure I went through all the proper channels they have set up, and if I had kept waiting for "2-3 weeks" to come up I would have been waiting for a very long time. Not responding to those who got in touch with me after my first posting, however, is completely my fault.

Next time you decide to shoot your mouth off at a fellow musician who is just trying to locate a piece of equipment, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Follow Ups: