F and CC for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on December 08, 2003 at 21:02:27:

I have two tubas that I need to sell in order to get a new horn...I mean...Christmas present. I don't need two tubas any more and need something that better fits my needs. I have:

1. Rudolph Meinl F tuba, 6 rotary valves(4+2)in good condition. I am the second owner. Very little lacquer wear. No dents, only minor scratches and dings from years of playing. Has a great sound. The low C and B come out fairly good for a rotary F. If you can buzz the notes, they come out fine. Intonation is good. The only "problem" note I have found is the G in the top of the staff, it's a little flat. The low register(Bb and down) is very good. This is not the large model that is out now, it's the smaller version(16" bell.) This is a great solo and quintet horn, which is what I used it for in college. Comes with well-used wood case. $3800 firm. Buyer pays shipping.

2. Kalison DS 4/4 CC. Horn is silver and has 4 piston, 1 rotary, 5th valve is flat whole step. This horn has a rock solid low register, a lot of fun to play. I used it in wind ensemble and could easily hold down a 40-50 piece group. It is agile enough to make it in a quintet, no problem. I used it in a faculty quintet for three years. Intonation is not a problem, with a few little slide pulls. The only alterate fingerings I use are for the 2,4 combination, I use 2,3,5 for low C# and low F#. Horn has no dents and only minor scratches from 5 years of use since I bought new. Comes with gig bag in very good condition and trunk-style hard case with wheels. $4200 firm. Buyer pays shipping.

Both horns are located in Jackson, MS. If you are nearby, I can arrange a play-test.
Pics of F available only, though they come out blurry in the transition. I'm working on posting pics of the CC. Maybe Santa will bring me a new digital camera!

Ho, Ho, Ho,
Jason Harrell

Follow Ups: