Re: Re: Army Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on December 15, 2003 at 19:46:18:

In Reply to: Re: Army Conference posted by Exhibitors? on December 15, 2003 at 19:20:00:

You'll usually find Dillon Music, Baltimore Brass, Custom Music, and Tuba Exchange, plus Doug Elliott, Brian Fredericksen, Besson, Willson, several sheet music dealers, a couple of general music stores, and (if last year is an example) Lee Stofer.

Near as I can tell, Dillon and Baltimore Brass bring as much of their best stuff as they can cram into the truck. I've played several unique tubas priced in five figures. Dillon usually has some Miraphones--last year they had a 1291. Willson brought their full range. Custom had their best instruments--I played one of their Floydophones a couple of years ago. Lee brought some Rudolf Meinls, but only the F's as I recall. There were no Alexanders last year except some used F's, and no Gronitzes. I'm hoping there will be a Fafner there this year, but I haven't seen one before. I'm also hoping that Custom will have a Hirsbrunner F, not that I could possibly considering buying one.

So, they don't hold back, but they can only bring what they have in stock at the time. They have insurance to cover for accidents, but of course they hope the elephants in the elephant room will be responsible enough to keep them from having to use it. And judging from what they let me play, they'll let anyone play anything, if they look like they can hold it up without dropping it.

Rick "practicing up on The Ride" Denney

Follow Ups: