Re: Re: King 2341 Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by EdFirth on December 24, 2003 at 13:41:43:

In Reply to: Re: King 2341 Question posted by Rob PM on December 23, 2003 at 19:46:18:

The West Point band had a set of four of an older version,I don't know the model number,that had been there for quite awhile and were about to be retired in 1973.The differences that I recall were that the bell had abigger diameter but a smaller throatand of course the slides were set up like the older 2341's.I loved those things and used them most of my time there.But this was in the day that Mirafones,in C,were the horn everyone liked so I was the only one using them.I found a really beat one about ten years ago and had it rebuilt with mediocre results and it now resides at Meadowbrook Middle School,Orlando,in a tuba tamer stand.When the nwe ones came out I bought one and am totally pleased with it.I'm using it now in fact,on Disney's Candlelight orchestra with excellent results.Mine,I feel,is quite a bit better than the ones the W.P.Band had as well as others I've come across over the years.Totally satisfying horn.Happy holidays to all.EdFirth

Follow Ups: