Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Miraphone 1291CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on December 28, 2003 at 19:17:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Miraphone 1291CC posted by dude, on December 25, 2003 at 09:34:48:

I don't disagree completely. There are, however, some actual, measurable differences in the sounds we are discussing. For those of us who appreciate the scientific study of it, it's not BS. Where I think it's BS is when people who are trying to make decisions about what horn to buy ask about sound comparisons. Players should find a horn that makes the sound they want/like and not worry about the discussion. It may, however, be a point of interest to someone who may not be able to try the horn in question and is curious, or, like me, has tuba fever. The science is irrefutable, and valid for discussion. Science, however, is not of interest to all. I think it's interesting from a scientific standpoint, and, in this isolated case (because of the rarity/unavailability of the horn), it is interesting from a standpoint of curiousity/personal interest. Some are just consumed with the tuba and like to discuss all aspects of tubadom. BS for some, not BS for others. Discussion does only carry you so far, and then you have to get off you (AT)ss and go try many horns, find the one that makes the sound you like, and get it.
Doc

Follow Ups: