Re: Re: Re: Check Out the Yamaha york

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Cary on February 02, 2000 at 09:54:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Check Out the Yamaha york posted by A Guy in CA on February 02, 2000 at 01:54:33:

Trying out a Yorkbrunner is next to impossible. They are made only on limited production, and are always sold when in advance of arrival at Custom Music in Detroit (Ferndale, actually). Custom does have a selection of horns, but as the lines that they specialize in are handmade (Hirsbrunner and B&S), you'll need to try a lot of horns, as the consistancy between B&S horns could be described as inconsistant. If you can't try a Yorkbrunner, a HB-2 piston is a nice horn, with a big sound. Even though I am from Grand Rapids, I prefer Conns to Yorks, I like there sound and design.

If you're in Detroit, there's plenty to do. The Tigers will be playing in a new, beautiful stadium this spring, you can see the Detroit Orchestra in their wonderful hall, go to Windsor and pick up Cuban cigars, there are plenty of micro-breweries (what tubist can pass up a good beer?), and there are some nice restaurants in Greektown. Also, if you've got some cash ($$$), you can get to a Red Wings game at the Joe. And you can try out tubas at Custom....

Follow Ups: