Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone share my opinion?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on February 09, 2000 at 10:44:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Does anyone share my opinion? posted by Joseph Felton on February 09, 2000 at 09:57:08:

I won't comment on the Transendental Meditative phrases which occurred. Your mood is your business, and all of us are subject to those.

I would only like for you and others to consider your uses of the word "hate" as a reaction to someone (like me) being rather blunt in order to make sure that a point was communicated, and to hesitate before using the word "hate" whenever someone happens to disagree with someone else. Bluntness in this medium, sometimes, is important, because we do not have inflections, tone of voice, eyes, jestures, and the ability to restate in differents ways, when speaking through a bbs.

This 90's "share the love/show the love" phrase makes it sound as if there is brotherly love floating all around, and that all that we have to do is to "tune in" to it, as if it were a drug, it seems to me.

I rather believe that brotherly love was taught me by my family and by society (It comes from within ME.), and that taking the time to tell people what I really think about something WHEN THEY ASK (often in detail, and with examples) is an expression of that love, within the limits of typing stuff on a screen and hitting a button.

Perhaps when some asks for answers or opinions, they are mostly looking for positive reinforcement of their answer or opinion, but most seem to genuinely be seeking information. When I pose a question, unless rhetorical, it is one for which I am seeking an ANSWER - not "harmony".

I would suggest that TRUTH and BEAUTY be objectives which take precidence over "harmony". A very beautiful piece of music (if not extremely over-heard), "Thus Spake Zarathustra", is written in two keys at once - 1/2 step apart from each other - and this music goes on for a half an hour to the DELIGHT of its audience.

Follow Ups: