Re: Re: If you are a private teacher PleaseRead

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on February 10, 2000 at 22:49:22:

In Reply to: Re: If you are a private teacher PleaseRead posted by I'm BAAAACK! on February 10, 2000 at 21:43:12:

I would be happy to reply via email if there are any difficulties. Remember, the Name: box is for names, and the Subject: line is for the subject on postings. The content of the message goes in the Comments: section.

I don't have problems with reasonable pseudonymns if used intelligently. There are several individuals who have and continue to post under anonymous names for various reasons. I have ways of almost always identifying who they really are, but respect their privacy, so I don't divulge. I do have a problem with names such as " I'm BAAAACK!", or "Here is my way of getting your attention."

I liked the content of the postings themselves, but prefer to keep down on the anarchy if possible. The BBS is configurable, on my end, to allow people to alter the Subject line of threads. I disabled this feature 5 years ago for good reasons. New subjects belong in new threads. Please don't circumvent the design of this forum in an attempt to grab attention.

Again, it was not an issue of content, just manner in which the content was presented.

sean

Follow Ups: