Re: Re: Senior recital material

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan Scott on February 11, 2000 at 14:05:43:

In Reply to: Re: Senior recital material posted by Will D on February 11, 2000 at 02:32:42:

One of the works I'm doing for my senior recital is Floyd's transcription of Bach's partita in a minor. It's that same piece on Gene's "Tuba Tracks" cd.

Here's a thought, Penderecki wrote an unacompanied piece that's pretty wild. That's on Bobo's cd "Tuba Libera." Both of those works go up to a high A at max I believe. The Penderecki is a slightly atonal piece, where-as the Bach, it's Bach...

Also try Vaughan Williams' "Six studies fin English-Song." That isn't very hard, just work up the music and you'll be fine.

I did Vaughan Williams' "Tuba Concerto" and Wilder's "Effie Suite" on my junior recital.

Think about adding ensemble pieces as well to fill up space, or rather to give your face a break. My quintet is doing the Malcome Arnold for that same purpose.

But most importantly, this is the last hoop you need to get that piece of paper that says you did something for 4 years. It isn't too late to start but you should assume you are behind where you should be and get your face to that horn. Good luck, and tell us what you've decided on will ya.

Follow Ups: