Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More questions :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on February 15, 2000 at 00:18:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More questions :) posted by Joe S. on February 14, 2000 at 20:50:09:

Well, I agree partially. I think the Kopprasch does a better job of purely technical work. It is definitely more challenging than the Tyrrell, in my opinion. But I don't agree that they are more interesting. In fact, I find the Kopprasch exceptionally repetitive and boring. My impression is that the Tyrrell is much more interesting from a musical standpoint and I have found them to be more engaging generally. The Tyrrell etudes are all like little puzzles, with tricks and traps everywhere usually. I find it very difficult for high school players to actually play them correctly because there are so many places where you can step into a hidden trap. Its almost like the composer tried to make these studies intentionally tricky but in a very subtle way such that they look alot easier than they are. I find them to be wonderful for getting my students to hear what they are playing clearly, in comparison to what they see on the page.

Follow Ups: