Re: 6/4 Holton CC at auction on eBay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul Conrad on February 18, 2000 at 03:36:37:

In Reply to: 6/4 Holton CC at auction on eBay posted by David Tucker on February 17, 2000 at 14:55:05:

The craftsman that is needed to think of a horn like that and the craftsmanship needed to actually make it come true is an incredible thing in this day and age of mass produced "things", anyone who would suggest that the pictures or comments are false needs to seriously reconsider whether he or she should call themselves an artist (musician); if they can't appreciate the artistry of others. I get carried away, but those pictures are impressive. I'm also new to this site and had no trouble believing the comments. Everyone has drooled and gawked over your axe David but I didn't see anyone giving you an alternative choice for an "all around" horn. I desperately wish that my old HBCC 4/4 5v looked one tenth as good but it does have a lot of quality time and travel in it and on it, if you don't find another horn that has a personality that you like, perhaps you would consider contacting me or David Fedderly (thank you Ballbuster) about my horn. Both axes need good homes, hopefully we could work something out. I currently play on an old (60's) Alex Kaiser BBb and would be interested in talking shop. Sorry that you have to sell that piece of art. Congratualtions on the new addition to your family.

Follow Ups: