Re: Please Read and Answer this! I need help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dedman on February 24, 2000 at 23:32:53:

In Reply to: Please Read and Answer this! I need help posted by Stephen on February 24, 2000 at 22:56:10:

It's been so long since I've played the Haddad that I've forgotten most of it except the opening few bars. I do remember though, that I had a private lesson teacher to help me with it. His advice was to sing it musically, and then try to play it that way. You really should try to get some lessons with a teacher on this. If it's a long way to the nearest tuba teacher, try to get at least one lesson from the nearest. If you can't do that, your band director is probably the next choice. Even a decent amateur pianist can give thoughts on musical phrasing.

By far the best bet is to get at least one lesson with a tuba teacher over that material. If price is an issue, talk it over with your band director. Perhaps he will help defray the cost, since this will be a band performance as well.

I know this hasn't been very much direct help, but you really need to be in the same room to get the musical ideas across clearly. This forum might be a little easier on the ego, but musical growth and development, IMHO, is dependent upon the immediate relationship between student and teacher.

Good Luck! Let us know how the concert goes!

Follow Ups: