Re: Re: Teacher's Responsibility

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by no name on February 25, 2000 at 23:45:23:

In Reply to: Re: Teacher's Responsibility posted by Doug on February 25, 2000 at 22:58:03:

i'll say something from the view of one of thos students. i went down that road in school and my teachers never said anything more than i needed to focus more. really what i needed was a good dose of tough love. if even one of the many teachers i had would have said something, it might have saved me a lot of years of getting back some of my self-esteem and a lot of time missing what i love - playing. i needed somebody to tel me that i was a cocky punk that DIDN'T know s*** from shinola, and that if i didn't shape up, i'd be driving around with a little sign on the roof of my car. am i bitter? you bet. no alumni donations from me. i did a lot of things i shouln't have because i was totally ignorant of the dangers or cocky enough to think that i could get away with it. the faculty just watched, shook their heads and said 'too bad'. at the time my school didn't have a true tuba teacher. the really sad part is that after i cleaned up my act i went to grad school in a different field at a different school, and saw the same apathy by the teachers. i wish i had one of you that have responded to this as a teacher. you are the first that i have seen that semm to give a crap about more than just your reputation

if any of you out thereare upset because your teacher keeps getting in your face, count your blessings. its like eating spinach.

Follow Ups: