Re: Re: Re: Jingbao Brand?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Arthur on February 01, 2001 at 15:17:35:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Jingbao Brand? posted by Beware of the Weril on February 01, 2001 at 13:18:17:

I actually own both a Jingbao euphonium and a Weril BBb tuba. I bought the Jingbao to take apart and the Weril to play, and I have been quite pleased both horns when used for the stated purposes.

The Jingbao was truly a piece of junk as many people have commented on. When I received mine one of the rotary valves would not even turn due to very poor alignment. I have been working on it as time allows and with my rather limited set of tools. I can honestly say that I have managed to turn it into a piece of junk with valves that work. Next project is to make a extention that is long enough to get it to A440. It has, however, provided me with a great deal of fun which was the whole point.

When I actually want to make music (well, at least make a credible effort) a use a tuba from a somewhat better maker. I use my Weril in a brass quartet and when I don't feel like dragging around something bigger. I have found it to be a very good horn for my purposes. The intonation is very good, the valve action is fine, and I feel it is an exceptional value. I have had mine for about a year and have had no problems with it.

If you have a rattle in the valves you might want to check to see that the valve springs are seated correctly in the bottom of the valve casing. You may be able to jog them into place by unscrewing the bottom caps about 2 turns and then screwing them tight again.

Arthur

Follow Ups: