Re: Out of touch

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on February 03, 2001 at 02:09:53:

In Reply to: Out of touch posted by Rick Denney on February 02, 2001 at 12:02:42:

I too have mixed emotions sometimes when I see how certain people seem to have things handed to them. I could never have afforded a horn in HS and it took my college instructor co-signing a loan for me to get my 188 in college. (How lucky was I, what a amazing man he is!) But I happen to know the Hirsbrunner Kid you sat next to and I'm actually the one who sold him the repaired horn which I bought from a former student of mine after he totaled his truck and the horn went flying out the bed of it down the road. (Fortunately he was fine and they had great insurance and those hard cases did as well of a job as you could expect bouncing along at 55 MPH!!!)

The Hirsbrunner Kid isn't what I would define as rich and he certainly is not spoiled. He just happens to have music teacher parents who support him whole heartedly in what he has chosen to do. And the greatest thing is he knows he's lucky to have them and that's a cool thing to see. I have seen quite a few people not get it when it comes to their parents and the differences in how they grow up and their situation versus other people and places in the world. Fortunately you sat next to one of them that does. Thanks for your email, sometimes it puts things in perspective for us all!

Mark

Follow Ups: