Re: LAst Chance for a great deal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on February 05, 2001 at 13:49:03:

In Reply to: LAst Chance for a great deal posted by Dennis A. on February 05, 2001 at 09:53:15:

I signed up for this back when Jim first offered it, and have been looking forward to several new pieces in the repertoire that don't require technical virtuosity.

I've offered to sign up twice--in effect paying twice the cost. For those of you who have the money and want this to work, think about it.

Really, the cost of this project is incredibly cheap. At $60, you get four pieces of music that will have your name printed on them forever as co-commissioners. Want a bit of immortality in the tuba world? This is the way to get it without finding The Lost York or winning an major audition.

The last time the tuba community pitched it to commission a work (that I know of) was when Jay Rozen spear-headed the effort to commission a work by Virgil Thompson. I have that work, but I can't play it (due to the lack of the aforementioned technial virtuosity). This a chance for amateur and high-school players to make their mark.

Rick "Don't miss it!" Denney

Follow Ups: