Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Human Error in Tuba Making

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. C on February 09, 2001 at 08:08:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Human Error in Tuba Making posted by A Thought on February 08, 2001 at 18:54:46:

I deserved that....... then again, so did he.

It really is all about perception isn't it? When I see Meg Ryan in a movie, I still want to believe she's the wholesome, all-american, girl next-door. In reality she'd wreck her family for the thrill of getting speared by some gladiator. Reality is also skewed on this BBS. We make decisions about people based on what we read here. What we get is far from the whole story. We read again and again, "Repairman X is a genius!" and never get the other side. I've known one particular repairman since he did little more than repair sousaphones for school accounts. He has learned and grown as a technician, but his success HAS changed him. Because I know there are many more like him out there, I felt this was an appropriate forum to air my grievance. All I ask is that a repairman share his knowledge with the customer, and not go blindly on his own perceptions of what should be. Sure, it's 16-18 feet of out of tune brass, but it should be a joy to play.

Follow Ups: