Re: Cake walk pro audio 9

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tubatheorist on February 11, 2001 at 17:33:01:

In Reply to: Cake walk pro audio 9 posted by Bubba on February 11, 2001 at 14:00:04:

I use it, in combination with Performer, surprisingly, to work on my files between my two systems. (It allows me to be portable with my work on my PC laptop.) I have to say it is really an animal to get used to at first. The more you use it, the more you will learn the quirks, obviously. The help option in the program will obviously give you some info., but perhaps the Cakewalk site can point you in the right direction for tutorials, etc. I know there is an FAQ section, there may be something of use in there. What are you specifically looking for help with? There may even be some topics addressed on some of the Listservs that deal with MIDI related topics.
Specifically I use the program for my compositions, saving most of the files as MIDIs and transporting them between computers depending on where I am. This isn't ideal, but it does help when I travel to be able to take my work along. I've also used Cakewalk to play some files I sequenced, as accompaniments, sort of as a SmartStudio type deal.
I know I'm restating the obvious, but hopefully this will help in some way! Good luck.

Follow Ups: