Re: Re: hold that jaw open!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Mad Flute on February 11, 2001 at 17:44:23:

In Reply to: Re: hold that jaw open!!! posted by Jay Bertolet on February 10, 2001 at 17:00:28:

I got a PVC coupler for 3/4" pipe. It is about 2" long & 1" diameter, and no rough edges. At $.18 a definate bargin if it does the trick, and definately takes away my concerns about him choking on some foreign object between his teeth while playing. My question is how often & how long do you suggest he keep the pipe in his mouth?

For the poster concerned that he is being pressured to play in the band, I do require my children to try one year in band. My oldest tried and after a year and a half, he quit. Phillip is loving band, he has always been very into music. He has a low frustration level however, and with his learning disabilities, we aren't sure how this affects things for him. I recently took him to the Army Tuba conference, and he wants to play tuba in the army some day. Maybe he will, and maybe he won't, but I plan to do everything I can to help him succeed to the best of his ability. We have been trying to find inexpensive private lessons for his as well. If anyone has any suggestions for that around Manassas, that would be appreciated also.

Thanks again.

L Miehm

Follow Ups: