Re: Ideas for a recital

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry on February 13, 2001 at 19:35:07:

In Reply to: Ideas for a recital posted by Brian on February 13, 2001 at 00:54:28:

Brian,
I was just perusing my library of music and I found some things that might interest you:
Tapestry III by DeMars was recorded by Daniel Perantoni (I know you were thinking of this piece but a recording is always helpful); Cadence VI by Henri Lazarof was recorded by Roger Bobo; Jeffrey Funderburk did a few cool pieces on his album called Journeys, the pieces are; HoUsE miX for tuba and synthesizer by Jeremy Beck, Clones for tuba and tape by Peter Hamlin; Mark Nelson recorded New England Reveries by Neal Cornwell; Jeffrey Jarvis recorded some tuba and percusion pieces, the one can be played with a tape is called Cappriccio fo Tuba and Marimba by William Penn and Maruba by John Wyre is for tuba and marimba but might be available for tape.
Another idea is to check with the faculty at your school, they might have written something for tuba a few years ago. I have been working on a piece that was written for a friend of mine by one of the faculty members at my school.
Another good place to look is the Tuba Source Book. It has an extensive list of solo material in it.
One more thought, talk to as many other tuba players as you can and see what they have heard and might be working on.
Good luck and I encourage all to find new music for the tuba.
Henry Gertcher

Follow Ups: