Re: University of Oklahoma Tuba Workshop

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack Denniston on February 16, 2001 at 19:44:54:

In Reply to: University of Oklahoma Tuba Workshop posted by Tom B. on February 12, 2001 at 21:13:43:

I went to tuba camp for a week last summer and it was GREAT! I'm smiling now, just thinking about it. There were so many highlights, I don't know where to start. I'm a 50+ tuba hobbyist, and I felt like a kid in a candy store. There were about 6-8 of us old guys and gals. The college and high school age campers were a lot of fun and some of them could really play! The 4 counselors Ted, Sam, Brian and Deanna were really great- friendly, supportive, fine teachers and role models, and very motivating. We all lived together in the dorm and ate our meals in the cafeteria. Each day was packed with learning and challenge and fun. I especially enjoyed the morning warm up, theory and ear training, 60 minutes, yoga for brass players, tuba-euph ensemble, master classes, improvisation and the evening recitals. It was a really super week. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Follow Ups: