Re: what to do in Dallas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on February 19, 2001 at 12:06:14:

In Reply to: what to do in Dallas? posted by Mike F. on February 19, 2001 at 10:56:32:

Try to get a hold of Everett Gilmore. He's the retired principal tubist with the Dallas Symphony. He is still active in the playing/performing scene in Dallas. I took some lessons from him and afterwards we went out to a some cool jazz clubs. I'm sure he can give you some good information on things going on. I can't give out his number in public, but I think he should be listed in the local phone directory. He lives in the city of Dallas. Richard Murrow is also another good source. If you do a search in the archives, he has posted a few times and should have his e-mail address. Ask Charlie Krause also. He must know of some things do to as well. Take a light coat with you. Temps there have been in the low 50's in the day. Nice time of the year to go! I also might suggest The Galleria mall in Dallas and the Grapevine Mills Mall. Huge! If you like aviation, American Airlines has a free museum also thats interesting. There is a restored DC-3 and a free movie. The Dallas Wind Symphony and The Texas Wind Symphony are two great ensembles to see. Of course, Matthew Goode is always great to hear in the Dallas Symphony. Hope you have fun!

Ken Sturgeon

Follow Ups: