Re: The Brasswind, The Rudy Piston, et. al.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Smith on February 19, 2001 at 23:23:09:

In Reply to: The Brasswind, The Rudy Piston, et. al. posted by Erik on February 19, 2001 at 22:43:08:

I purchased the same horn back in July. I really do love it. Once again, as we all seem to be saying, my one complaint is the lack of response. I think that the response seems to be worse in general than some other horns. I've adjusted very well to this, though...although I still have a terrible time from low G and below, also. Once I get the note going, it seems to be just fine for me, as I've had lots of practice with it. I'm using a Bach 18 right now, but I really really really need to go mouthpiece shopping to see what's going to give me a better response. I love the horn and the sound that it makes, though!

Unlike others of you, I had very poor service at Brasswind...oh well. No big deal. I'm a pretty patient person. I got there right as the doors opened, went in, and played and played until I was content. :) And I found just what I was looking for and am very happy with it here at college.

Follow Ups: