Re: The Brasswind, The Rudy Piston, et. al.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by a friend on February 20, 2001 at 00:04:53:

In Reply to: The Brasswind, The Rudy Piston, et. al. posted by Erik on February 19, 2001 at 22:43:08:

From reading your entire post, it looks like you might be suffering from tubanosis (being dazzled by a lot of shiny tubas).

Your evaluations, however, sound very down-to-earth (and I would agree with many of them, based on the various models that you mention). Re-read your evaluations of the various tubas and then try to decide WHY you think that you need to compromise and put up with the shortcomings of any of those instruments, as you described?

Your money will "keep". Play more tubas, and make some more observations. Play tubas OUTSIDE of your budget for comparison. Weigh more heavily observations that you make YOURSELF than you do OUR (or even your teacher's) observations, although both internal and external feedback are beneficial. (Your observations seem pretty acute to me.) Are there some tubas that would make you a LOT happier, if they were within your budget? What would your "budget" be like if you saved/earned some more money?

Just in case you need this, I'm trying to calm you down and to get you to listen to yourself think.

-a friend (who also sells tubas, btw)

Follow Ups: