Re: Re: Re: BB industry!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale on February 25, 2001 at 23:00:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: BB industry! posted by Really? on February 25, 2001 at 22:21:37:

Yeah, although you can bet the same three or four "BBflat orchestral players" will get named shortly in retort to your post. I agree that there probably IS a reason for the CC usages, but I bet its a better reason than the reason for all the anonymous posts raving about "all the new" BBflat choices. News for you boys and girls, there's been plenty of great BBflat tubas available to the US market for years and years. Its also a safe bet that practically EVERY major orchestral player in this country HAS used a BBflat tuba in his hall at some point during his career, but (really) what's it matter one way or t'other? If y'all wanna say that BBflat horns are great, don't turn around and jump on a slam-fest bandwagon criticizing someone else's axe...the current crop of flashy BBflat hardware, while CERTAINLY attractive and of high quality is in NO way the result of "nothing else around." It's apparently quite the competitive market, and apparently the manufacturers think there's a U.S. market for piston horns priced at or above a mirafone 186, for example. You BBflat enthusiasts will either show them that there IS a market, or you'll show them that there isn't. Either way, talk to your teacher about it, play lots of different horns before you purchase, and best wishes finding the horn of your dreams!

f.w.i.w.

dp

Follow Ups: