Re: Re: Re: Which Piece Did You Play First?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ken k on February 25, 2001 at 23:15:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Which Piece Did You Play First? posted by Art on February 25, 2001 at 00:40:05:

"Bankelsanger" (complete with umlauts, which i can't type in) are indeed bench singers, which was sort of a club or guild of singing groups similar to Die Meistersingers I believe. The "Bankelsangerlieder" is a collection of "bench singer songs" from which the "Sonata" is derived. It is the only instrumental piece in the collection. It was composed by the ever popular A. Nonymous. But it has been suspected, that perhaps it was written by Daniel Speer. Not a bad speculation when one compares other works by Speer with this Sonata.

I know this is much more info than you could ever have cared to know about this little insignificant piece, but I did it on a recital about 15 years ago and just before the recital, an article about it was written in the ITA Journal (Or maybe it was the TUBA Journal I forget). For some reason i have remembered this trivial information for 15 years. Now if I could only remember where I put my keys....
ken k

Follow Ups: