Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serial numbers for DC tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on February 01, 2002 at 15:01:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serial numbers for DC tuba posted by john on February 01, 2002 at 14:26:09:

It is true that a defendant would have a defensable case by claiming that he/she was not driving the car at the time of the incident. Without an eyewitness identification of the person who was driving the suspect vehicle, Porbable cause would not exist to arrest the owner of the vehicle. A more complete chain of evidence, such as the driver ID, clothing description of the driver, and enough witnesses to the incident would help.

About the tuba, I agree with those who say keep it in the eye of the investigators. There are constructive ways of keeping the attention of the police on the stolen tuba, such as making weekly inquiries about the investigation. If you do this with the right attitude, you will move it up the list of crimes being investigated at the time.

I will agree that investigators will prioritorize their loads. Those crimes that involve physical bodily harm to people will get more attention. Children and the elderly will get quicker attention than adults. This is unfortunate for those who are at the bottom of the list. Fortunately, I live in a lower crime rate area, and everything gets investigated.

I still hope for the recovery of the tuba. I also hope they find Ms. Levy alive. I also feel for the victims of all crimes, no matter the description.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: