Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A grab-bag of questions (about bore).

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck(G) on February 07, 2002 at 15:13:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A grab-bag of questions (about bore). posted by The Easter Bunny.... on February 07, 2002 at 12:49:47:

This is one I stumbled upon at netinstruments.com. Didn't call out the model number or have photos, but the ad mentioned that the cases for the upright bell and body were included (clue!). The seller cheerfully furnished photos; the body's in great condition and the upright bell looks somewhat beaten up, but not crushed or wrinkled. Turns out that his wife's a shipping supervisor for a freight outfit, so shipping on the whole thing with insurance and free crating was $70. Bargains do happen sometimes (Moral: Not everything's on e*ay).

I've still got to roll the bell out before the horn's outa here. I picked it up for a fellow who plays a great big 1920's bell-front Holton BBb that I found for him for $600 last year (a real window-rattler). He wants an upright bell horn, so we'll see if he can handle the 25J. If not, I'll post it for sale here. I can't handle a big top-action horn myself (weak left eye), but wouldn't pass up a 27J if one ever came my way...

Follow Ups: