RE: Yamaha YBB-641 for sale. $2500 obo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken on February 09, 2002 at 11:26:10:

Details: [Asking $2500 obo]
BBb, 4/4 , Bore .812" Bell 16-1/2" upright yellow brass bell
Four rotary valves, Gold brass leadpipe.

This horn is an early model SN<500 (before they went to the linkages with plastic parts.)
The intonnatoin is great and it is extremely responsive. The lacquer is approx 85% intact. It's been taken off a few of the slides intentionally at some point. There are several small scratches in the bell section from when some dent work was done before I bought the horn by MusicMasters. There are only a few small dings left. The Lead pipe is sliglthy raiesd from the usual position. It playes better than any other ybb-641 I've got my hands on!

Comes with the original hardcase with the several recent modifications. Original latches have been replaced. There are now 6. Original handle has been beefed up and two more added to the top of the case. I keep this horn in the case at all times. With the addition of a $30 hand truck form Lowes, this is better than any gigbag combination I've dealt with.

The horn has been used about once a week for the past two years in the Tallahassee Winds. I've also covered a few musicals with it and played in the BBC Orch. Basically, what I've asked it to do, it's done. Well.

Please feel free to email me for further questions and/or pictures.

-=ken

Follow Ups: