Re: Rhythm & Brass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Christian Carichner on February 03, 2003 at 22:20:12:

In Reply to: Rhythm & Brass posted by JoeS on February 03, 2003 at 19:36:36:

Not only are these guys phenomenal players, but amazing teachers. I have the privledge of working with Alex Shuhan, the horn player from R & B in my brass quintet at Ithaca. He is such a phenomenal musician and has a truly amazing ear. I'm pretty sure that Charles was playing on an F at the NAMM show, he's been on that horn for a while and he had the bell cut to make it easier to fly with and put some extra weight up there. I saw a masterclass with him at Eastman last year and he has a lot of amazing ideas in regards to music and the tuba. Rex Richardson one of the trumpet players in the group filled in for a trumpet prof. here while he was on sabbatical. He is also such a fine player and a fine person. All around those guys play incredibly and teach like it's their job (incidently, they all have teaching jobs and just gig when the can and when schedules permit) Any chance you get to take a lesson with ANY of these guys whether or not it's with your major instrument you should really take that chance. I can't think of better guys/musicians.
I also heard a rumor floating around Ford Hall (the music building here) that they may come here for some clincs next year....i'll keep you guys posted if anyone wants to make the trek to snowy and cold Ithaca.

-christian

Follow Ups: