breathing and relaxation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Guy on February 05, 2003 at 21:53:52:

Greetings fellow tubenetters!!

As a tubist, I have recently become very interested in breathing and relaxation techniques that are useful to musicians. I bought "The Breathing Gym" by Sam Pilafian and Patrick Sheridan in Chicago and this has been what has piqued my interest. I have been doing these exercises every day since I bought this book, and there is a notable difference in my playing after only about two months. I have also recently attended a workshop ont he Alexander Technique. My question to the Tubenet is, is there anywhere online that discusses these types of breathing, relaxation, and stretching exercises in detail? Or does anyone know of any good books on any of these topics? I am looking to expand my knowledge and learn as much as I can about this, to add variety to what I already do every day.

I have already released tension I didnt know I had, and I want to stay on this track. If you are reading this post, and you have never done any of this type of thing before buy The Breathing Gym right now!!! It will make a world of difference.

Finally, I have to admit that until recently I never believed the Wind and Song concept, I always thought of it as more of Song and Wind, but from this book, I now believe it.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!!

A Guy

Follow Ups: