Re: Re: I envy all of you

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on February 07, 2003 at 09:31:35:

In Reply to: Re: I envy all of you posted by Steve H. on February 06, 2003 at 23:20:31:

Ever skilled laborer and athlete uses the best equipment they can get. They know what is the best by first learning from others what the "big guys" use, then after trying out thier equipment, they come to thier own conclusions. SOMETIMES, they probably don't come to thier own conclusions and depend on advice from those close to them.

I think Jeff Gordon's crew chief started out as a kid tiying around with cars long before he learned that a quarter inch elevation difference in the rear end of a car is the difference between first and second place. Why should we expect less of a pursuit for perfection from young (and old) tuba & euph players?

Chris Hite probably knows 1)Who Jeff Gordon's crew chief is, and 2)What his previous job was. He probably also knows what mouthpieces that the D.C. guys play on as well as many of the major symphony guys. He probably doesn't care much anymore either, but there was a time when he did... just like many of us.

Follow Ups: