Re: Is this even a remote possibility?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on February 07, 2003 at 11:40:32:

In Reply to: Is this even a remote possibility? posted by Jeff Hicks on February 07, 2003 at 11:11:23:

I think they have the stuff to make the old Upright bell 4 side action valve horns that they used to make (I believe it is the 14I?). These are pretty good with a nice sound (can be heard on track 1 of the Chicago/Philly/Cleveland Gabrielli album). Maybe they could redo the valve plumbing a little bit and make the first valve pull along with the rest a little more accesable. To top it off, maybe they could steal the rotor off of one of those Bass 'Bones they make and put a thumb activated fifth rotor on it. You could also get the bell front on these b/c (on memory here) the horns had detachable bells.

Given that they should have the jigs still available and that they still make the valve set for the "Constellation" euphs these should be very competitive price-wise.

For what its worth, the 4 valve upright King/Conn Euphs are pretty decent horns for those of us who don't particularly need a "compensating" horn.

I would be very interested in the "C" version> ;')

Matt G

Follow Ups: