Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba overhaul web page completed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck(G) on February 09, 2003 at 19:44:12:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tuba overhaul web page completed posted by JoeS on February 09, 2003 at 16:19:57:

You know a really peachy one-owner Contempora BBb with both bells recently closed on that auction site for a smidge under $1500. The winner made his bid after he emailed me asking about bidding the beat-up BF York Master--and I mentioned the Reynolds to him. He doesn't have it yet, but I'm sure he'll be tickled with it.

I have a magnet screwed to my bench top and I use it with large barrels to clean up bottom bow caps after they've been removed--the process keeps the contours and goes really fast. Same for bottom bow dents under the cap--after the cap has been removed. You need to pick the barrel size carefully--if it's too big, you'll leave some serious marks in the brass. But when it works, it works great.

The point is that a dent-eraser type of thingie can be a great tool to add to what you already have. Speaking of which, I know a fella who swears by Lemon Pledge as an inside the tubing lubricant for dent balls. Has anyone tried this?

Follow Ups: