want to trade down from a Yamaha CC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Norberg on February 10, 2003 at 18:48:20:

Okay, I know I've posted this before, but I thought I'd try one last time since I just found out that my work-study hours weren't what I thought (and needed) them to be. I have a Yamaha 661 CC, 5 valves (fifth valve has been converted to RH thumb operated) and lacquered. There are quite a few scratches on the bottom bow and a few dings, nothing too serious, though. Physically it's smaller than the YFB-822 but it plays more like a large 4/4 horn. I'm either looking for a trade for my Yamaha for another horn+cash or to sell it outright. I'm asking $4000, price negotiable. As for what horn I'd be looking to trade, cosmetics don't matter and I don't care what key it's in, but I'd like something that could work for everything but would suit itself better for quintets and such. Does anyone have anything they'd like to trade?

Also, as long as I'm at it I'd like to post my euphonium for sale. I usually hate it when guys post instruments for sale that are on consignment or on ebay here, but I thought as long as I was posting about the Yamaha I'd post the euph as well. It's a Hirsbrunner in good condition at Dillon's for $3495. Feel free to email me for more info.

Thanks,
Scott

Follow Ups: